Last updated: 25.05.2018
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our company and products. In compliance with the relevant data protection regulations, below you will find information about which personal data we
- Your registration and order from the B2B web shop https://www.conductix-shop.eu/,
- when applying online,
- when subscribing to our newsletter,
- from the contact and order form, and
- when using the Live Chat and Recommend functions
(hereinafter collectively 'website'), for which purposes this data is used and how it is used to optimise our services.
1. General information
(1) You may print out or save this document using the regular function of your browser (typically 'File' ® 'Save as').
(3) unless otherwise specified below, the legal basis for using your personal data is the necessity of use to provide the functionalities of our website requested by you (Article 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
2. Controller / data protection officer
(1) The controller according to Article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Rheinstr. 27 + 33
79576 Weil am Rhein
hereinafter 'Conductix-Wampfler', 'we' or 'us'. For more information about the provider please refer to our Legal Notice.
(2) The company data protection officer can be reached at: datenschutz[at]conductix.com or adding 'Datenschutzbeauftragter' to our address.
3. Provision of website and log files
(1) When using the website for information purpose only, meaning without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we only collect the personal data automatically transmitted to our server by your browser. When browsing our website, we collect the following data we require for technical purposes to deliver our website and safeguard the stability and security of our website (the legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of the request (specific page)
- access status /HTTP status code
- respective data volume transferred
- website where the request originated
- operating system and its interface
- browser software language and version.
(2) User IP addresses are deleted or anonymised after use. When anonymised, the IP addresses are changed so particulars related to personal or factual circumstances are cannot be matched with a specific or identifiable individual or require an extremely large amount of time, cost, and labour.
(1) In addition to the above log file data, cookies are saved to your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files on your hard drive which are associated with the browser you are using and are saved, and which delivery specific information to the entity adding the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the website in general more user-friendly and efficient.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- session cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
b) Session cookies are automatically deleted after closing the browser. These store a so-called session ID used to assign various enquiries from your browser to a common session. They enable recognising your computer when returning to our website. Session cookies are deleted after logging out or closing the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific period which may vary by cookie. Cookies can be deleted at any time in the browser security settings.
a) settings and function
When visiting our website, the region and language settings detected or which you chose from the drop-down menu are saved to cookies to skip this process when returning to our website. Before doing so, the system checks if your browser supports cookies, information which is then saved to a different cookie. After this, location and language specific contact information is shown, which is also saved. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
We use advertising cookies to determine the effectiveness of our advertising efforts and derive optimisations from this. We further use advertising cookies to also show users of our website targeted advertisements (AdWords Remarketing) on the websites within the display network of Google LLC ('Google' for short). The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
We use the Google Analytics web analysis service to continuously improve the website for our customers and prospective customers. By using these cookies, Google provides us with information about the use of our website. For example, it tells us how often and in which order the individual pages are visited and the average time the visitor spent on our pages. It also tells us if users have previously visited our website. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
>> see Item 11 web analysis services
(4) Control over cookies
You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and e.g. control or block third-party cookies or all cookies. Existing cookies can be deleted in your browser settings. Please note that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all functions on this website.
6. Product and service information
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in method. This means, that after subscribing we send an e-mail to the e-mail address specified by you when subscribing, prompting you to confirm you wish to receive product and service information by e-mail. If the subscription is not confirmed within 72 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. Beyond that we store the addresses used by you and the date and time subscribed and confirmed. The purpose of the method is to be able to prove and if necessary resolve misuse of your personal data.
(3) After confirming the subscription we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending product and service information. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR.
(4) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the product and service information at any time and unsubscribe from it. You may withdraw your consent by clicking on the link in every e-mail or using the contact data in the legal notice.
7. Contact form and e-mail contact, ordering documents
(1) Our website includes various contact forms which can be used to contact us electronically or to 'order documents by mail'. When using this form, the data entered by the user in the input screen is transmitted to us and stored. The data in the contact forms are transmitted encrypted. The relevant data is evident directly from the respective input screen.
When submitting it the following data is also stored:
- The user's IP address
- Date and time the form was submitted
(3) The legal basis for processing the data with the user's consent is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR. The legal basis for processing the data transmitted when sending an e-mail is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If the e-mail is aimed at ordering documents by mail or to enter into a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. Furthermore applicable for Germany: If the contact or e-mail is aimed at entering into an employment relationship, particularly in line with the online application, the legal basis is § 26 German Data Protection Act.
(4) Personal data from the input screen is solely processed to contact you. Contacting us via e-mail also constitutes our necessary legitimate interest in processing data. Other personal data transmitted during the send process is processed for the purpose of preventing misuse of the contact form and to safeguard the security of our information technology systems.
(5) The data will be erased as soon as they are no longer required for the purpose for which it was originally collected. For personal data from the input screen of the contact form and data transmitted via e-mail this is when the respective conversation with the user has been completed. The conversation is completed when circumstances indicate the respective matter has been conclusively resolved. The personal data collected during the send process is erased at the latest after seven days.
8. People and careers (online application)
(1) We post vacancies on our website. We collect, process and use your personal data to process your online application. Your online application data are e-mailed directly to Human Resources. Suitable technical and organisational measures are in place to ensure your personal data is kept confidential within the legal requirements.
(2) Please note, your data is e-mailed unencrypted and the data could potentially be accessed by unauthorised parties or even falsified. Please feel free to submit your documents by mail. If you applied for a specific position which has already been filled or we feel you may also be suitable or more suitable for a different position, we would like to forward your application within our company. Please let us know if you do not agree to this. After completing the application process, however at the latest after 6 months, your personal data will automatically be deleted unless you expressly consent to the data being stored longer.
9. Using the B2B web shop
(1) If you wish to order from our B2B web shop we require your personal data to be able to enter into a contract, which is then used to process your order. In this case you will need to register (see Item 10). Mandatory information required for the purposes of fulfilment of contract are specially marked, all other information is optional. After reviewing your registration the account (login data) will be activated. We will process the data specified by you to process your order. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
(3) Under commercial and tax law we are obliged to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, at the end of the statutes of limitations we restrict processing, i.e. your data is only used to comply with the retention periods under law.
(5) To prevent unauthorised access of your personal data by third parties, particularly financial data, the order process is encrypted using SSL technology!
10. Registration function
(1) You need to register to access the B2B web shop. The relevant data is evident directly from the respective input screen. Required fields are marked *. The data entered during registration are used for the purposes of the B2B web shop. You may be notified of information relevant to offers and registration or technical circumstances by e-mail. If you cancelled your user account, the data with respect to the user account is erased except where storage is required on grounds of commercial or tax law according to Article 6(1)(c) GDPR. You are responsible to backup your data when cancelling prior expiration of the contract. We are entitled to permanently delete all user data stored over the term of the contract following expiry of the statutory retention periods.
(2) When using our registration function and using the user account we store the IP address and the instance of the respective user action. Storage is based on our legitimate interests, as well as to protect the user from misuse and other unauthorised use. This data is generally not shared with third parties except where necessary to pursue our claims or where required by law according to Article 6(1)(c) GDPR. The IP addresses are anonymised or deleted at the latest after 7 days.
11. Web analysis services
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC ('Google'). Google Analytics uses so-called 'cookies', text files which are stored on your computer, enabling analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of the website generated by the cookie is typically transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation has been activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The complete IP address is only transmitted to a Google sever in the USA and stored there in exceptional cases. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyse your use of the website, generate reports about website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in line with Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(3) You can configure your browser settings to prevent the cookies from being stored; however, please note that doing so may prevent you from being able to make full use of all functions on this website. You can further prevent data about your use of the website generated by the cookie (including your IP address) from being transmitted to Google and this data being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin provided by Google:
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition '_anonymizeIp()'. IP addresses are therefore processed in truncated form to rule out a direct relation to any person. If the collected data concerning you is in direct relation to you, it is therefore immediately excluded, the personal data thus immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and continuously improve it. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our services and make them more attractive to you, the user. In exceptional cases where personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has committed to adhering to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
(6) Information for the third party: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Terms of service: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html, Information about data protection and privacy: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
12. Social media
A. General information
(2) We have no control over the data collected or data processing, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purpose of processing, the storage duration. We further have no information about the provider of the plugin erasing the collected data.
(3) The provider of the plugin stores the collected data concerning you as a usage profile and uses these for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or effective website design. This type of analysis (including for users not logged in) is particularly aimed at providing custom advertising and to provide other members of the social network with information about your activity on our website. You have the right to object to this user profile being created, however must contact the respective provider of the plugin to exercise this right. We use the plugins to enable you to interact with social networks and other users to improve our services and make them more attractive to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plugins is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
(4) Data is shared depending on whether you have an account with the provider of the plugin and are logged into this account. If you are logged into the account with the provider of the plugin, the data collected by us is matched directly with your account with the provider of the plugin. When clicking the activated button and e.g. linking the page, the provider of the plugin also stores this information in your user account and shares these, public, with your contacts. We recommend routinely signing out of a social network, particularly before activating the button, to prevent being matched with your profile with the provider of the plugin.
(5) For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing thereof by the provider of the plugin, please refer to the privacy policies of these providers listed below. These also provide you with additional information about your rights in this regard and settings to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective providers of the plugin and URL for their privacy policies:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S CA Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information about data collection: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php. Facebook has committed to adhering to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has committed to adhering to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Linkedln Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; http://-www.linkedin.corn/legal/privacy-policy. Linkedln has committed to adhering to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, CA 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has committed to adhering to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
B. Special notices about the use of the 'double-click method'
The following provisions apply in addition to and override Item 12 A. (1), provided the respective local website implements additional data protection options.
We use the so-called double-click method in this respect. That means, when visiting our website, personal data will initially not be shared with the provider of the plugin. You can recognise the provider of the plugin by the icon showing the first letter or by the logo. It is up to you to communicate directly with the provider of the plugin. Once you click the marked field, thus activating it, the provider of the plugin receives the information you visited the respective page of our website. Additionally, the data specified under Item 3 of this policy is transmitted. Apart from this, Item 12 A applies unchanged.
13. Use of Vimeo video components
Use of Vimeo
(1) Our website uses components of the provider Vimeo. Vimeo is a service provided by Vimeo LCC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011, USA. Every time our website with this type of component is accessed, this component prompts your browser to download the respective Vimeo component to view. When visiting our website whilst logged into Vimeo, the information collected by the component allows Vimeo to determine the specific page you are on and matches this information with your personal account at Vimeo. If you e.g. click the 'Play' button or post a comment, this information is matched with your personal Vimeo user account, where it is then stored. Vimeo further receives information you visited our page. This takes place regardless if you e.g. click on the component/add comments.
(2) To prevent Vimeo from transmitting and storing data about your behaviour on our website, you must sign out of Vimeo before visiting our website. The Vimeo privacy provides more details, particularly about how data is collected and used by Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/privacy
14. Using the Share function
Some pages on our website feature the Share function. Visitors to our website can use this to share documents with others: The recipient then receives an e-mail with the respective download link. The respective data processed by us in this regard is evident directly from the respective input screen Required fields are marked *.
15. Live Chat
16. Automated decision-making
On principle we do not use fully automated decision-making pursuant to Article 22 of the GDPR to constitute and implement the business relationship.
18. Your rights
If your personal data is processed, you are entitled to the following rights in your relations with us, the controller: To exercise your rights or for additional information, please contact us or our data protection officer:
a) Rights according to article 15 ff. GDPR
(1) according to article 15 GDPR you have the right of access. Under certain circumstances you have the right to rectification according to 16 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing according to article 18 GDPR and the right to erasure ('right to be forgotten') according to article 17 GDPR. You further have the right to receive the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability) according to article 20 GDPR if processing is carried out by automated means and is based on consent according to Article 6(1)(a) or Article 9(2)(a) or on a contract according to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. For Germany: The restrictions pursuant to §§ 34 and 35 of the new German Data Protection Act (BDSG-neu) apply to the right of access and right to erasure.
b) Withdrawing consent according to Article 7(3) GDPR
If processing is based on consent you can withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time. This also applies to withdrawing consent given prior to the EU General Data Protection Regulation coming into force, so before 25 May 2018. Please observe that the revocation has effect for the future. Processing, which took place prior to revocation, is not affected by this.
c) Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with us or a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement (Article 77 GDPR).
d) Right to object according to Article 21 GDPR
In addition to the aforementioned rights you are entitled to object as follows:
(1) Single case related right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR (processing on the grounds of legitimate interests); this also applies to profiling based on this provision as defined by Article 4(4) GDPR.
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can verify compelling reasons for this processing worthy of protection, which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves to assert, exert or defend legal claims.
(2) Objecting to processing data for advertising purposes
In some cases we process your personal data for direct advertising. You have the right to object to the processing of data concerning you for advertising purposes at any time; this also applies to profiling related to direct advertising. If you object to processing for the purpose of direct advertising, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
(1) We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation, and unauthorised access. All of our employees and all third parties involved with data processing are bound to the German Data Protection Act and to keeping personal data confidential.
(2) If personal data is collected and processed via the web shop contact forms, the information is transmitted encrypted to prevent misuse of data by third parties.